Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: top 10 current NFL qb's?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    I find it ironic how the best rushing teams all have losing records.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    yeah that is wild, its usually the exact opposite.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    what is your list for the top 10 current active NFL QB's?

    1. T Brady
    2. P Manning
    3. D Brees
    4. B Roethlisberger
    5. K Warner
    6. D McNabb
    7. P Rivers
    8. A. Rodgers
    9. Matt Ryan (don't like to pick after one year in the league though)
    10. C Palmer (iffy on this too because of injury but if healthy...)

    Cutler and Romo don't make my list because both have to prove they can win late in the season and Eli Manning ....without Plax seems a little lost but he seems to have improved since the SB win in certain areas. I do think this will be McNabbs last great chance for a SB ring as a starter. I'd almost rank Brees as the best QB if he had just one ring. The man is maybe the best pure passing QB we have seen since Marino. If N.O. could just give him a good "D" it would be scary. Big Ben is kind of Favre like. Will take chances, some big chances. maybe not the best TD to INT ratio but the man can win a game when it is all on the line.
    after a great season my rankings get shaken up just a little.

    1. P. Manning
    2. Brees
    3. Brady he wasn't right this season. still put up great numbers
    4. Roethlisberger
    5. Warner (without him AZ is not a playoff team)
    6. Rivers
    7. Rodgers
    8. Favre
    9. Romo
    10. E. Manning

    I had McNabb at #10 and in a lot of ways I think I should have kept him there but little Manning impressed me. The Giants may have flopped but Manning had a really god year. You can't judge McNabb on the last 2 games either because he played really good this year too. At #6 Rivers feels a little underrated but I'm not taking him above Warner or Ben. Warner retires and Rivers in solid in the top 10. Palmer and Ryan both drop out of my top 10 along with McNabb, replaced by E Manning, Favre and Romo. I think just like with Eli when Shocky was let go, Romo was allowed to grow into a team leader without TO around, plus I think his off field distractions were limited this year.


    so, after a season of watching and shuffling, what is your new top 10??
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    top 3 still the same, and prolly will be for still a long time

    manning
    brady
    brees

    then its guys like warner, romo, rodgers, rivers, palmer *who really let me down this year,i expected big things* mcnabb, big ben

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    after a great season my rankings get shaken up just a little.

    1. P. Manning
    2. Brees
    3. Brady he wasn't right this season. still put up great numbers
    4. Roethlisberger
    5. Warner (with him AZ is not a playoff team)
    6. Rivers
    7. Rodgers
    8. Favre
    9. Romo
    10. E. Manning

    I had McNabb at #10 and in a lot of ways I think I should have kept him there but little Manning impressed me. The Giants may have flopped but Manning had a really god year. You can't judge McNabb on the last 2 games either because he played really good this year too. At #6 Rivers feels a little underrated but I'm not taking him above Warner or Ben. Warner retires and Rivers in solid in the top 10. Palmer and Ryan both drop out of my top 10 along with McNabb, replaced by E Manning, Favre and Romo. I think just like with Eli when Shocky was let go, Romo was allowed to grow into a team leader without TO around, plus I think his off field distractions were limited this year.


    so, after a season of watching and shuffling, what is your new top 10??
    how the heck can you say that with warner ARI is not a playoff team? i hope that is a typo. besides that i agree with every bit of your list except for Eli even being ranked.
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #36
    Inactive Member cuuvapitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2008
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    The top 4 has not changed this season other than 1 moving up and down in that top 4

    1. P. Manning
    2. Brees
    3. Brady
    4. Roethlisberger

    After the top 4 which there is a clear separation...

    5. Warner
    6. Rivers
    7. Rodgers
    8. Favre

    After 6-8 it is a jumble between the next couple of...

    Romo, Ryan, Eli Manning, Palmer (which he would be no better than 9 if not lower with his regression and what he showed the late part of the year) and McNabb

  7. #37
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    how the heck can you say that with warner ARI is not a playoff team? i hope that is a typo. besides that i agree with every bit of your list except for Eli even being ranked.
    typo. without Warner the Cards don't sniff the playoffs
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    you worried me there for a second i thought i was going to have to lock ya up : D
    Cant we all just get along?

  9. #39
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Manning
    Brady
    Warner

    Yes, I put Warner in that group. Go ahead and give him his HOF jacket for his next press conference. Turned TWO terrible franchises into winners (STL, ARI) and where is STL without him? The cellar. Against "number one" defense in the NFC he had more touchdown passes than incompletions in the playoffs. He belongs here.

    Next:
    Brees
    Rivers
    Big Ben ( Missed the playoffs this year. Looks awful at times, holds on the the ball too long. Benefits from a GREAT d in his two SB years. He is lights out in clutch time though)

    Favre
    Romo
    Rodgers
    Palmer

    And hopefully, Romo moves up this list very quickly....

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    yall are WAY higher on Ben than i am. he may be the most overrated player in the NFL IMO. He has a great set of WR's, a great TE, a very good rushing game and a nasty D.

    OK, here are three guys, rank these three guys 1-3.
    (Passer rating, Completion %, Yards, Yards Per Game, Touchdown, Interceptions)

    #1: 98.6, 67.9%, 4770, 298.1, 29 TD, 15 INT

    #2: 100.5, 66.6%, 4328, 288.5, 26 TD, 12 INT

    #3: 97.6, 63.1%, 4483, 280.2, 26 TD, 9 INT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •